Private Hire Terms and Conditions
To book a private hire event please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By placing an order for a Private Hire at Kids Play Cafe, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- A deposit of £25 is required within 2 weeks of confirming the date and time of the booking (see below for bank details).
- Private hire is available as an Under 18’s activity and as such we can have a maximum of 15 people (under 5’s are not included in this total). Adults / guests over 11 years old will be expected to follow social distancing measures in the café and may only sit in their individual families/bubbles. *
- Deposits are non-refundable however it may be possible to change the date / time of the event (subject to availability and with at least 7 days notice). In the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as illness of the booking child on the day of the event, the event can be postponed, however, as our cafe closures times are announced to the public in advance, this will incur an additional fee of £50.
- The balance must be paid 7 days prior to date of the private hire event.
- The company reserves the right to cancel any booking due to non-payment of balance by the due date.
- Should Kids Play Cafe be unable to host your private hire event due to exceptional circumstances e.g. damage to the venue, electrical issues, or local advice regarding infectious diseases, then the event date can be postponed and the customer will be able to choose an alternative convenient date and time. If a suitable date cannot be agreed on, Kids Play Cafe will retain the £25 deposit, but will reimburse 100% of the balance payments that have been made.
- Children must be supervised by parents / carers whilst visiting Kids Play Cafe.
- Children’s food served as part of this event will be served to individual families/tables to comply with social distancing measures.
- Guests will not be admitted into the building until the allocated booking time and must vacate promptly when their allocated time ends. This allows us to service the area for the next guests.
- During the current global pandemic guests over the age of 11 (who are not medically exempt) must wear facemasks whilst entering and moving around the play cafe.
- A ‘lead member’ of the group (usually the person booking the event) must provide us with their own contact details to enable NHS Track and Trace measures to be implemented if necessary. The lead member is responsible for ensuring they have their groups details, should they be required to contact them at a later date. The information we require is:
- Name of lead member
- Number of people in group
- Contact phone number.
- Our bank account details are:
Sort code: 05-04-37
Account number: 66169529
Please use the following layout for your references to enable us to easily identify your payments:
Your name, private hire deposit & date of booking e.g. Smithprivatehiredeposit12/09/20
Your name, private hire balance & date of booking e.g. Smithprivatehirebalance12/09/20
Thank you for choosing Kids Play Cafe as your private hire venue.
* Meeting in larger groups
There are exceptions where people can continue to gather indoors, or in groups larger than 6 outdoors, including:
as part of a single household or support bubble
in a childcare bubble (for the purposes of childcare only)
for work, or providing voluntary or charitable services, including in other people’s homes (see guidance on working safely in other people’s homes)
for registered childcare, education or training – meaning education related to a formal curriculum, or training that relates to work or obtaining work.
for supervised activities provided for children, and those who were under 18 on 31 August 2020, including wraparound care (before and after school childcare), childrens’ groups and activities for under-18s, and children’s playgroups for parent and toddler groups – up to a maximum of 15 people (under-5s do not count towards this limit). These cannot take place in private dwellings.
For the full document https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-2-high-alert